Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Gifts



These are the bags that I crocheted for the girls as Christmas gifts. I think they turned out pretty good. My friend Melissa helped me with the pattern and helped me remember some basic stitches. I started them in October sometime and they didn't get finished until Dec. 23rd. Making three all together may not have been the best choice. I was worried that I would have done all this work and the girls wouldn't even care about them. Thank goodness that they did love them. They even packed them up the other day to take to their sleepover at their Grandma's. That makes it all worth it!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am very impressed Karalee! Brings me back to the days of sitting in your game room crocheting the edges of baby blankets for Annie and Abbi before they were born. Too bad we can't sit around and you could teach me that pattern.

Melissa said...

Karalee!!!!! The bags turned out sooooooooo great! I am really glad the girls loved them. The nieces I sent my 3 bags to loved them also. They are a great gift, huh? We need a new crochet project! Want to make some teddy bears with me? or sock monkeys? lol

Kristi said...

wow! look at you!
I know how you feel- you go to som much work finding patterns, working on things- just hoping your kids will love it! when they do it is always so great! good job.