Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve

I actually started writing this post right after Christmas, but we had a bunch of computer problems and never finished, but thanks to Glenn (brother in law) we are back to surfing the web, helping with homework and blogging again! We enjoyed our annual progressive dinner for Christmas Eve. We started with appetizers at the Hylands, then dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's, and ended with dessert at our house. I wish I had taken a few pictures of all the desserts I made. I've been eating much healthier this past year so when it was time for me to decided what to make I couldn't decide, everything sounded so good! I made sugar cookies, gingersnaps, mint brownies, porcupine balls, fudge, eclairs, English toffee, and the perfect chocolate cake.

We usually act out the Christmas story at our house before we dive into the desserts. Here are Mary (Emily) and Joseph (Luke).
Annie really wanted to be the star. She made her costume herself.
The Wisemen
Our sheep (Macey) and our cow (Sarah)

The angles and Grandpa the narrator . Sorry -no pictures of the shepherds during their part because I was busy being a shepherd.
Each year our family draws names and we buy $5 gifts for each other. Then we open them on Christmas eve so that they don't get lost in the shuffle of Christmas morning. This year Brad had Luke and got him a memory game. After he opened it we all play a few games together.
Luke had Macey. I think he got her some hand sanitizer and a new hairbrush.
Macey had Annie and she got her some hand sanitizers and holders to go with them.
Annie had Brad. He got a gift card to TCBY.
I gave Kambree some gel pens.
Kambree had Nelson and she gave him a gift card to Barnes and Noble.
Nelson got me some spring form pans. They were more that $5, but I'm worth it!
It was a great night and the kids even went to sleep pretty quickly for such an exciting night. Christmas Eve is one of my most favorite nights of the year!

No comments: