Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Baby!

We have been talking about Luke's birthday for about a month now. He had consistently told me that he wanted a Diego cake, but he was a little confused since Christmas was so close to his birthday. He wanted Santa to bring him a Diego cake. Santa didn't pull it off, but since he brought other great stuff, Luke as OK. Mom did pull it off and this is what I came up with.

I made the Diego by doing a "butter cream transfer" (I learned about it on the Internet)





Luke was happy with his cake!



Luke enjoyed opening presents. After Christmas and New Years he was really good at it!




He loved this car from his Hyland cousins!!



Getting ready to blow out the candles.




I can't believe my baby has turned 3! This is the first time I've had a 3 year old and not had a baby as well. Luke is such a fun kid. He has a great sense of humor and knows how to make us all laugh. He is smart and it is so fun to watch him figure things out. He had figured out how to always have his turn and he does a great job at being the caboose of our family. I'm so thankful that he came to be with us!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I can't believe your baby is 3 either! Kids grow up too fast. I don't like it one bit. I'm impressed with your "buttercream transfer." I may have to google that.

Kristi said...

your cake is awesome! looks so yummy too!
I totally know what you mean- my baby is four- I always had another 2 by the time the older one was four! so weird. but nice. very nice!

Melissa said...

I am also impressed with the Diego! So cool! And I would love a piece of that yummy cookie cake!

Tamsen said...

That Diego is the coolest. Way to go, Karalee! Happy Birthday to your baby :)